- Deluxe sportsprint paying tribute to the amazing career
- of the greatest modern-day international batsman
- • Facsimile signed by Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar
- • Limited to 2013 units worldwide – the year of
- Tendulkar’s international retirement
- • Presented in a deluxe timber frame
- • Officially licensed by the International Cricket Council
- • Accompanied by an individually numbered
- Certificate of Limitation
- • Approximate Framed dimensions: 800 x 600mm
- Flat Rate VIP Shipping only $30 delivered direct to your home / office or workplace Australia Wide. Includes online tracking, professional packaging and comprehensive transit insurance for your complete peace of mind.
If one is to try and pinpoint, objectively, the most exceptional aspect of the cricketing career of Sachin Tendulkar, the starting points diverge so wildly that all that can be guaranteed is staunch disagreement. Like any great story, perhaps it’s best to start at the beginning – a prodigious Mumbai adolescent, considered the future of the Indian national side at just 16 years of age. At the time, Tendulkar was the third youngest Test debutant in history, subjected to one of the most predatory bowling attacks of the modern era. Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Imran Khan … and yet the overwhelming reaction of the public was the sheer calmness of the young man at the crease.
Child prodigies have a nasty habit of burning out, however, which may suggest one of Tendulkar’s greatest achievements – longevity. If being one of the youngest debutants of all time wasn’t enough, Tendulkar leaves the Test arena as the oldest current player in the world, and has played more Tests than anyone ever has; daylight second. One of the contributing factors to this run has been a self-discipline that is the envy of his peers; his commitment to training has ensured he has been the first player picked for nearly two decades, while a career devoid of scandal has played its part.
Ultimately, though, the overwhelming majority of the public will be reminded first and foremost of the incredible statistics that have become synonymous with his name. A century of international centuries. The highest aggregates in both Test match cricket and One Day Internationals. The first ever double-century in a One Day International. The most Test centuries in history; for that matter, the most One Day International centuries in history. Nearly 7,000 more international runs in total than any of his esteemed peers. The epitome of the modern-day batsman; following Bradman, the iconic batsman that Test cricket waited so patiently for departs a legend, and on his own terms.
Under license from the International Cricket Council, we are privileged to release the Sachin Tendulkar Legendary Commemorative Memorabilia Range.