- This magical Tasmanian Team of the Century tells an amazing story.
- Personally Signed by all Living members of the Tasmanian Team of the Century and Artist Jamie Cooper – See signature list below
- Features facsimiles of all deceased members of the Tasmanian Team of the Century – Ivor Warne- Smith, Laurie Nash, Arthur Hodgson, Horrie Gorringe, Len Pye, Neil Conlan
- Only 10 editions were team signed, However this is the first time they have been made available for collectors. These are a very rare investment for the avid collector
- Certificate of Authenticity provided by Artist Jamie Cooper.
- Officially licensed by the AFL
- Framed Edition is Presented to archival standards in a deluxe timber frame approximate size of 1150 x 800mm
- Flat Rate VIP Shipping only $30 delivered direct to your home / office or workplace Australia Wide. Includes online tracking, professional packaging and comprehensive transit insurance for your complete peace of mind.
Payment Plan Option Available:
Framed $399 Deposit – Followed by 4 weekly payments of $150
Please call customer service on 1800 017 604 to set up your Payment Plan for this investment
Tasmanian Team of the Century personally signed by:
Bob “Tassie” Johnson
Peter “Percy” Jones
Assistant Coach – Robert Shaw
Captain – Darren Baldock
V. Captain – John Leedham
Umpire – Scott Jeffery
The Team from left to right:
Scott Jeffrey – Umpire, Royce Hart – Centre Half Forward, Rex Garwood – Interchange, Rodney Eade – Wing, Peter Hudson – Full Forward, Alastair Lynch – Forward Pocket, Ian Stewart – Centre, Peter Jones – Ruck, Barry Lawrence – Half Back, Michael Roach – Interchange, Darrel Baldock (Captain) – Half Forward, Matthew Richardson – Interchange, Brent Croswell – Half Back, Verdun Howell – Back Pocket, Len Pye – Interchange, John Leedham (V.Captain) Ruck Rover, Terry Cashion – Rover, Arthur Hodgson – Wing, Horrie Gorringe – Forward Pocket, Paul Williams – Interchange, Laurie Nash – Centre Half Back, Darrin Pritchard – Interchange, Neil Conlan – Interchange, Daryn Cresswell – Half Forward, Ivor Warne-Smith – Back Pocket, Robert Shaw – Assistant Coach, Roy Cazaly – Coach, Bob “Tassie” Johnson – Full Back.
Darrell Baldock is the captain of this impressive team from the Apple isle. Royce Hart sinks his boot into one as Laurie Nash scoops up a ball whilst the team does a warm up lap around the North Hobart Oval. The grandstands of Davenport Oval and North Hobart merge together to form the backdrop to this magical scene.
1. The dog with the saveloy.
2. The famous point post that was removed to prevent a final score at a final at Burnie is seen being carried away in the crowd at right.
3. The helicopter that transported a few celebrating players from Hobart to Launceston hovers above.
4. The gravel on the knees of Ian Stewart from the home ground at Queenstown.
The History behind the Team of the Century:
From over 18,000 players that have played football in Tasmania over the past 100 years AFL Tasmania has identified just 161 players that have been nominated as players worthy of selection in the Tasmanian Team of the Century. These 161 nominated players are in the top 1% of players Tasmania has produced over the last century. Sincere congratulations to all nominated players.
Tasmania has produced some of the ‘champions’ of the game in Australia. The 25 players recently selected in the Tasmanian Team of the Century contained players that on a combined basis have achieved the following:
- 3,835 VFL/AFL games (Lynch, Richardson & Williams still playing AFL)
- 35 VFL/AFL premierships
- 6 Brownlow Medals
- 23 of the 25 players have either represented Victoria and or have been All-Australians
PROJECT AIM: To recognize the achievements of our great Tasmanian football players over the past 100 years. For the Team of the Century project to support the promotion of football in Tasmania locally and on a national scale. For the Team of the Century project to be supported state wide, i.e. for the project to be strongly promoted in all regions and in a similar way in all regions.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Players eligible for selection in the Tasmanian Team of the Century must be widely recognized as a Tasmanian football product or have played football in Tasmania and significantly contributed to the development of the game in Tasmania.